To keep with my new theme of quick, easy, nourishing meals, I couldn’t skip this month’s Recipe Redux theme to share a crunchy snack! While the crunchy toast below is hardly a recipe, I thought sharing my favorite crunchy portable convenience foods is a helpful way to kick off back to school (and for some back to work).
This post may contain affiliate links.
The “recipe” itself is perfect as an after school snack for kids, dorm room snack for college athletes, or anytime snack for anyone else!
If you have a bit more time and want to try more crunchy snacks from dietitians and wellness bloggers, be sure to click the link at the bottom of this post!
5 Portable Crunchy Snacks
- Eat Enlightened Broad Bean Crisps or Biena Roasted Chickpeas (20% off w/ code EATREAL20)
- Roasted Edamame and raisins
- Trader Joe’s Plantain Chips or Banana Chips with nut butter or seed butter
- My maple chia roasted pecans & walnuts
- Beanfields jalapeño tortilla chips & guacamole (or salsa, or hummus, or any dip!)
Crunchy Seedy Granola Toast
- One slice of your favorite seeded whole grain bread, toasted (such as Whole Foods “seed-uction” bread)
- 1-1.5 tablespoons crunchy & seedy nut butter (such as Eat Nutzo it Trader Joe’s Flax & Chia PB)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite seedy granola (like Nature’s Path hemp or pumpkin seed varieties)
- Optional: 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Smear nut butter over toasted bread
- Sprinkle granola on top
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!