I’ve had this recipe in my drafts for awhile now (3 years to be exact, hence the poor photography) and with how busy my week has been, I thought it would be appropriate to share another meal that you can make in minutes for when your life gets busy, too!
It can be a complete meal on a less physically active day and on those where you’re moving more, you can of course throw an egg (or 2) on top!
Quinoa, White Bean & Mixed Vegetable Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Cup dry quinoa, prepared with water or low-sodium vegetable broth according to package
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning (additive free)
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil over low-medium and add minced garlic, stirring for 1-2 minutes
- Add the roasted vegetables and increase heat to medium, stir and cover, letting cook about 5 minutes
- Stir in the rinsed and drained beans with the vegetables and then stir in the cooked quinoa and spices
- Top with an egg, Parmesan, or a nut cheese if desired and enjoy!